Becky Preble wrote Discover Your Child’s Natural Talents in response to numerous requests from parents who needed help in identifying and understanding their child’s unique design. These parents were frequently asking Becky questions like:
• How can I find out what makes my children unique?
• How can I guide my children into opportunities and learning experiences that will match their strengths and contribute to their enjoyment and success?
• How can I tell if my children have a natural talent in certain areas?
• What should I be doing to help my son or daughter figure out what they want to do with their life when they grow up?
• How can I help my children transition from childhood into adulthood with a firm understanding of who they are and what they have to offer?
Becky answers these and many more questions about discovering, understanding and appreciating your child’s unique design in the eight chapters of Discovering Your Child’s Natural Talents.
The book is broken into 3 distinct steps.
• Step 1 (Chapters 1-4) teaches you how to understand your child’s natural talents. You will learn exactly what natural talents are and are not. You will learn to tell the difference between a natural talent and an interest, as well as the difference between a natural talent and an acquired skill.
You will also learn that not all children have a natural talent for communicating through talking, writing or speaking. Some children are better at expressing their thoughts, feelings and ideas in non-verbal ways. Tips are given for how to uncover and help develop your child’s natural expression/communication style.
• Step 2 (Chapters 5 & 6) explains how to listen carefully to your children and watch them with an unbiased eye so you can uncover clues about their unique design. You will learn how to observe your children as they participate in their various activities and how you can record their enjoyable activities to help you and them identify a pattern of their natural talents.
• Step 3 (Chapters 7 & 8) provides practical tips on how you can help your children develop their natural talents. Information is given on how to use specialty camps, organizations and volunteer opportunities to help your children explore, develop and strengthen their natural talents. There is also information on how to volunteer as a family and find mentors to help your children develop their abilities.
One of the things you are taught to do in the Discover Your Child’s Natural Talents book is to help your children record and evaluate their enjoyable activities. If your children participate in an activity they really enjoyed you can guide them through recording that activity in their My Enjoyable Activities Journal. Some children may want to write about their activity, others may want to draw their activity, some may want to include a photo of their activity and others may choose to write a song or poem about their enjoyable activity. Regardless of their method of recording their enjoyable activity, you can help them record what it is that they have done in their My Enjoyable Activities Journal.
The My Enjoyable Activities Journal also has a Natural Talents Checklist that you can read through and help your child pick out and record those words that best describe the natural talents they used in their enjoyable activity.
The My Enjoyable Activities Journal has enough pages for your child to record and evaluate up to 25 of their most enjoyable activities throughout their elementary, junior high and high school years.
Each one of your children will appreciate having their own My Enjoyable Activities Journal with space to record their unique experiences and activities. The My Enjoyable Activities Journal is a companion piece to the How To Discover Your Child’s Natural Talents book. The instructions for completing the My Enjoyable Activities Journal are given in detail in the Discover Your Child’s Natural Talents book. Therefore, it is recommended that you buy the book and journal as a set, and purchase additional journals if you need them for your other children. It is not recommended that you buy the My Enjoyable Activities Journal as a stand alone product.
To Order Now
It is recommended that you purchase the Discover Your Childs’ Natural Talents book and the My Enjoyable Activities Journal as a set for $29.99.
|Discover Your Child’s Natural Talents - the book only
(Does not include a copy of the My Enjoyable Activities Journal).